What is it?
- Ping & Net is an Android app for TCP/IP network diagnostics that I develop. It supports many tools such as ping, DNS, reverse DNS, Whois, RDAP, SSL scan, port scan, geo lookup, liveness check, traceroute, subnet scan etc. It also has home screen widgets for long-running pings and for sending Wake-On-Lan signals. You can find it in the Google Play Store. Way back when it used to be called Ping & DNS.
Where can I get help?
- The app has extensive built-in help, accessible from the menu at the top left. The General Usage chapter explains in detail what the app can do, and how to use it. For further help, I support the app in the Google Group Ping & Net. That's the place to ask questions, make suggestions and report bugs.
Is the source code available?
- No, I have no plans for that. But if you have suggestions, post them to the Google Group, and we'll take it from there.
How can I support its development?
- Actually, I just wish this were a FAQ :-) You can make a donation via Paypal or send me a gift from my Amazon wish list. A rating and some nice words in the Google Play Store are also welcome: Rate the app
Why do I need an app like this?
- Thanks to XKCD for putting it in a comic: