- I used to review tech books on the CodeRanch site; they're listed here
- Writeup of some interesting and/or scenic Walks in and around Berlin (in German), so we keep moving in the times of Corona. Part 2 has more of the same, venturing a bit further out into Brandenburg.
- FromBauhausToOurHouse, a review of Tom Wolfe's overview of 20th century architecture From Bauhaus To Our House
- In 2002 I travelled across the USA for 3 months. These are the collected emails I sent from the road capturing my impressions.
- In 2018 we gathered impressions during a WikiPedia:Hurtigruten trip along the Norwegian coast. Most of the text was not actually written by me, so I count it as a collaboration :-)