This page collects clients, servers and utilities useful for implementing networking functionality in Java and Android
- The jCIFS client library is obsolete, use jcifs-ng instead. This also works on Android.
- DNSJava (client library, also works on Android and supports DoH)
- JmDNS implements multi-cast DNS. It supports service discovery and service registration. It is fully interoperable with Apple's Bonjour.
- clinq, a client library for Java and Android
Wake-on-LAN or WOL
- Apache Commons Net is a client library for many protocols: FTP/FTPS, FTP over HTTP (experimental), NNTP, SMTP(S), POP3(S), IMAP(S), Telnet, TFTP, Finger, Whois, rexec/rcmd/rlogin, Time (rdate) and Daytime, Echo, Discard, NTP/SNTP
- WhoisLookup is a more full-fledged Whois client based on Commons Net
- Apache Commons Validator has some useful validation routines
- IPAddress is a library for handling IP addresses and subnets, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Ping & Net implements many networking clients in a single handy Android app written by me :-)
- Get the Mime Type from a File