Last edited: 10 Nov 2019
This page collects clients, servers and utilities useful for implementing networking functionality in Java.
- DNSJava (client library)
- JmDNS "implements multi-cast DNS. It supports service discovery and service registration. It is fully interoperable with Apple's Bonjour."
- Apache Mina (server)
- Apache Tomcat (server)
- Eclipse Jetty (server)
- Apache HttpComponents (client library)
- OkHttp (client library)
- Apache Commons FileUpload (client library for file)
Wake-on-LAN or WOL
- Apache Commons Net is a client library for many protocols: FTP/FTPS, FTP over HTTP (experimental), NNTP, SMTP(S), POP3(S), IMAP(S), Telnet, TFTP, Finger, Whois, rexec/rcmd/rlogin, Time (rdate) and Daytime, Echo, Discard, NTP/SNTP
- WhoisLookup is a more full-fledged Whois client based on Commons Net
- Apache Commons Validator has some useful validation routines
- IPAddress is a library for handling IP addresses and subnets, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Ping & Net implements many networking clients in a single handy Android app written by me :-)