Last edited: 19 Feb 2020
Welcome to my web space. This site looks a bit different than other places, as it's running on wiki software, and I'm not artistically inclined enough to make it look nicer. So hopefully you've come for the content. If you're looking for something in particular, use the search box.
- RecentMovies has notes about movies I've seen, going all the way back to 2004.
- BrewpubsBerlin keeps track of which brewpubs I've visited in Berlin and elsewhere in Germany. It includes my impressions, web links, addresses and a Google map showing them all. PubsBerlin lists most of the English and Irish pubs in the city, although I haven't visited most of them.
- Some stuff I've written, mostly tech articles and book reviews, but also including writeups of our Hurtigruten trip along the Norwegian coast in German and English (with lots of pictures), and a lengthy trip across the USA, can be found in MyWriting
- If you're interested in getting in touch, I'm on Email, XING and LinkedIn. If you send a contact request, make sure to mention why you want to connect.
- January 20: Released a new version of my Android app Ping & Net that considerably improves Subnet Scan and fixes a bug in the Quad9 Secure DNS lookup.
- January 17: Saw the movie Knives Out
My software projects
|If any of my software has been helpful to you or your company, and you feel like expressing your gratitude beyond saying Thank you (which is also appreciated), please note that I have an Amazon Wish List containing several inexpensive items, or you can contribute directly via PayPal.|
- My Android app Ping & Net for TCP/IP network diagnostics is available in the Google Play Store for free.
- I'm committer to JForum2, in my opinion the best open source Java web forum software
- CodeSnippets contains various small pieces of code -mostly in Java- that may be of wider interest. Also a few fun or marginally useful applets that I resurrected from the dustbin, a few ready-to-run plugins for JSPWiki, and examples of how to handle PDFs programmatically.
- Java information: AccessingFileFormats, JavaEnterpriseEdition, JavaSecurity, WebServices, JavaNetworking, SpecificationUrls links to lots of web and Java specifications
- PrologJava: Thinking about combining Prolog and Java? Here's a BSF engine for JLog (a Prolog-in-Java system)
- cewolf is a (now dormant) JSP tag library for embedding charts in web pages in Java web apps
- ProfileViewer helps make sense of Java profiling information and GNU gprof output; it's obsolete now.
- CpuSimulator6502: j6502 is a 6502 CPU simulator written in Java. There's also an assembler that generates object code for it. For those too young to remember, the 6502 powered computers such as the Apple //, the Atari 400/800, and various Commodore models like the PET-2001 and the C-64.